In the Municipality of Mill and St. Hubert, there was an area of land that belonged to the domains of the Dutch State.
This former hunting ground had traditionally been the property of the Lords of Cuijk. During the time that the Princes of Orange were the Lords of Cuijk, the estate was given the name of “Princepeel.” The Princepeel estate was sold publicly in 1864. Since that time, the fully preserved estate has been managed, cultivated and inhabited by its tenants and owners. Huize Princepeel, as the manor on the estate is called, was built in 1870.
Smits Group is a true family business. It is currently being run by members of the family’s third generation.